Disclaimer: this is not a prescription. Using medicines without the guidance of a licensed provider can be lethal.
If the first linc therapy fails. then consider the second linc of oral drugs. However, in case HbAlc is grcater than 8.5% then consider insulin instead of another Oral agent. OR
- type 2 diabetes mellitus patients that fit the following criteria:
- HbAlc lcvcls equal or grcatcr than 9.5%.
- Fasting blood glucose levels equal or greatcr than 250 mg/dL.
- Random blood glucose levels greater than 300 mg/dL.
- Unexplained weight loss associated with hyperglycemia.
- A hyperglycemic patient whose status (type I diabetes mellitus vs. type 2 diabetes mellitus) is not known.